One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The process described herein will enable reduction of surface roughness at the interfaces of multilayered thin films to produce atomically smooth surfaces.’
- ‘It is atomically flat, hydrophilic, and, in water, negatively charged.’
- ‘The researchers use a technique called nanoscale electro-machining (nano-EM) to etch nanopores as small as 8-10 nanometers in diameter on an atomically flat gold surface.’
- ‘‘If we use substrate-mediated interactions to direct the arrangement of monomers prior to chemical bonding, we may be able to build atomically precise structures,’ says Weiss.’
- ‘We are each so atomically numerous and so vigorously recycled at death that a significant number of our atoms - up to a billion for each of us, it has been suggested - probably once belonged to Shakespeare.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.