One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for relative atomic mass
- ‘The sum of the atomic mass of the protons and neutrons determines the atomic mass or atomic weight of the nucleus.’
- ‘Finding that the isotopes of neon have atomic weights that are whole numbers vindicated Prout's hypothesis that hydrogen was the basis for all the elements.’
- ‘In general the molecular weight of a molecule is the sum of the atomic weights of its constituent atoms.’
- ‘Hydrogen is the lightest element, so it provides a convenient unit for measuring the relative atomic weights of the other elements.’
- ‘It has an atomic number of 101 and an approximate atomic weight of 258.’
- ‘Atoms of an element that have the same atomic number but a different atomic weight are referred to as isotopes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.