One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The spectrum of frequencies of electromagnetic radiation emitted or absorbed during transitions of electrons between energy levels within an atom. Each element has a characteristic spectrum by which it can be recognized.
- ‘But then we wouldn't see the characteristic atomic spectra of the different elements - atoms would be able to produce light of any colour, which is not what we observe.’
- ‘Although the Bohr model adequately explained how atomic spectra worked, there were several problems that bothered physicists and chemists.’
- ‘In 1913, Danish physicist Niels Bohr developed the first model of the atom that used the concepts of quantum theory to explain atomic spectra.’
- ‘Addition of this exclusion principle to the then current theory of atomic structure enabled many additional predictions to be made about atomic spectra and chemical combination.’
- ‘He had been struggling to understand the details of atomic spectra.’
- ‘Each element has its own unique atomic spectrum.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.