Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The standard time in a zone including the easternmost parts of mainland Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
- ‘Kate linked to a story this week in the Mirror that makes a case for Quebec joining the Atlantic time zone.’
- ‘To obtain Atlantic Daylight Time, subtract 3 hours from Universal Time.’
- ‘The data suggests that joining the Atlantic time zone would reduce Quebec's high rates of depression.’
- ‘Official time is four hours behind Greenwich Mean Time, one hour ahead of Atlantic Standard Time.’
- ‘You'd have to schedule meeting times on Atlantic time to get these people to show up; they just don't check their e-mail.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.