Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The physical qualities that are characteristic of athletes, such as strength, fitness, and agility.‘what he lacks in stature, he more than makes up for with speed and athleticism’
- ‘The tournament is expected to be one of the most remarkable displays of athleticism that the sport of weightlifting has seen.’
- ‘The battles are performed with an athleticism that is at times alarming.’
- ‘They watch women's gymnastics and figure skating for the athleticism.’
- ‘He should work out with people at his own level of athleticism.’
- ‘To improve all-round athleticism you also need to develop strength, stamina and flexibility.’
- ‘Players are justifiably esteemed for their amazing feats of athleticism.’
- ‘His bulk and his athleticism gave him, and his team, a massive advantage.’
- ‘The dancing, with an emphasis on athleticism, is quite spectacular.’
- ‘I was getting noticed for my looks, as well as my intelligence and athleticism.’
- ‘I was already exhausted with my unexpected display of athleticism.’
- ‘Her athleticism and grit have made her a champion’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.