Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A fungal infection affecting mainly the skin between the toes. It is a form of ringworm.
- ‘Two common fungal infections include athlete's foot and yeast infections.’
- ‘Tinea pedis, generally known as athlete's foot, is a fungal infection of the skin of the foot.’
- ‘The infection isn't the same as athlete's foot, which primarily affects the skin of the feet.’
- ‘Don't forget your flip-flops when walking in locker rooms; they'll help protect you from fungal infections that cause athlete's foot.’
- ‘Human fungal infections, such as athlete's foot, can be treated by fungicides normally referred to as antifungal agents or antimycotics.’
- ‘Shoes provide a perfect environment for the fungus that causes athlete's foot or thick brown misshapen toenails.’
- ‘He had suffered with periodic flare-ups of toenail fungus and athlete's foot for most of his life.’
- ‘If the skin between your toes is itchy and cracked, you may have athlete's foot.’
- ‘What's the best thing for athlete's foot and thick nails?’
- ‘One of the most common diseases lurking in gyms is tinea pedis or athlete's foot.’
- ‘You may be able to rid yourself of nail fungus, foot odor and athlete's foot by soaking your feet in a dilute vinegar solution (one part vinegar to two parts water).’
- ‘Aztecs in Mexico believed urine, when applied topically, could cure toothaches, athlete's foot, psoriasis, and dry skin.’
- ‘The most common fungal infection is athlete's foot.’
- ‘With their wet, bare feet, swimmers are more likely to come down with athlete's foot than other athletes, especially during the hot, summer months.’
- ‘Toenail infections are commonly linked with athlete's foot.’
- ‘It can be used for ailments ranging from athlete's foot to food poisoning.’
- ‘Some dermatologists recommend applying antiperspirant to the feet to prevent foot odor and athlete's foot.’
- ‘Dermatologists sometimes suggest using antiperspirant on the feet against foot odor and athlete's foot.’
- ‘Synthetics like nylon, plastic, and rubber don't allow the sweat to escape properly and increase the chances of athlete's foot and toenail problems.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.