One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fungal infection affecting mainly the skin between the toes. It is a form of ringworm.
- ‘It can be used for ailments ranging from athlete's foot to food poisoning.’
- ‘The infection isn't the same as athlete's foot, which primarily affects the skin of the feet.’
- ‘Dermatologists sometimes suggest using antiperspirant on the feet against foot odor and athlete's foot.’
- ‘He had suffered with periodic flare-ups of toenail fungus and athlete's foot for most of his life.’
- ‘Don't forget your flip-flops when walking in locker rooms; they'll help protect you from fungal infections that cause athlete's foot.’
- ‘Toenail infections are commonly linked with athlete's foot.’
- ‘Tinea pedis, generally known as athlete's foot, is a fungal infection of the skin of the foot.’
- ‘Shoes provide a perfect environment for the fungus that causes athlete's foot or thick brown misshapen toenails.’
- ‘What's the best thing for athlete's foot and thick nails?’
- ‘Some dermatologists recommend applying antiperspirant to the feet to prevent foot odor and athlete's foot.’
- ‘Two common fungal infections include athlete's foot and yeast infections.’
- ‘One of the most common diseases lurking in gyms is tinea pedis or athlete's foot.’
- ‘You may be able to rid yourself of nail fungus, foot odor and athlete's foot by soaking your feet in a dilute vinegar solution (one part vinegar to two parts water).’
- ‘With their wet, bare feet, swimmers are more likely to come down with athlete's foot than other athletes, especially during the hot, summer months.’
- ‘Aztecs in Mexico believed urine, when applied topically, could cure toothaches, athlete's foot, psoriasis, and dry skin.’
- ‘Synthetics like nylon, plastic, and rubber don't allow the sweat to escape properly and increase the chances of athlete's foot and toenail problems.’
- ‘Human fungal infections, such as athlete's foot, can be treated by fungicides normally referred to as antifungal agents or antimycotics.’
- ‘The most common fungal infection is athlete's foot.’
- ‘If the skin between your toes is itchy and cracked, you may have athlete's foot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.