One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fungal infection affecting mainly the skin between the toes. It is a form of ringworm.
- ‘The infection isn't the same as athlete's foot, which primarily affects the skin of the feet.’
- ‘Toenail infections are commonly linked with athlete's foot.’
- ‘Human fungal infections, such as athlete's foot, can be treated by fungicides normally referred to as antifungal agents or antimycotics.’
- ‘The most common fungal infection is athlete's foot.’
- ‘Shoes provide a perfect environment for the fungus that causes athlete's foot or thick brown misshapen toenails.’
- ‘Synthetics like nylon, plastic, and rubber don't allow the sweat to escape properly and increase the chances of athlete's foot and toenail problems.’
- ‘You may be able to rid yourself of nail fungus, foot odor and athlete's foot by soaking your feet in a dilute vinegar solution (one part vinegar to two parts water).’
- ‘Tinea pedis, generally known as athlete's foot, is a fungal infection of the skin of the foot.’
- ‘One of the most common diseases lurking in gyms is tinea pedis or athlete's foot.’
- ‘Dermatologists sometimes suggest using antiperspirant on the feet against foot odor and athlete's foot.’
- ‘Don't forget your flip-flops when walking in locker rooms; they'll help protect you from fungal infections that cause athlete's foot.’
- ‘Two common fungal infections include athlete's foot and yeast infections.’
- ‘If the skin between your toes is itchy and cracked, you may have athlete's foot.’
- ‘With their wet, bare feet, swimmers are more likely to come down with athlete's foot than other athletes, especially during the hot, summer months.’
- ‘It can be used for ailments ranging from athlete's foot to food poisoning.’
- ‘He had suffered with periodic flare-ups of toenail fungus and athlete's foot for most of his life.’
- ‘Aztecs in Mexico believed urine, when applied topically, could cure toothaches, athlete's foot, psoriasis, and dry skin.’
- ‘What's the best thing for athlete's foot and thick nails?’
- ‘Some dermatologists recommend applying antiperspirant to the feet to prevent foot odor and athlete's foot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.