Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
nounmass nountrademark in UK
Casual, comfortable clothing designed to be suitable both for exercise and everyday wear.‘athleisure is perfect for travelling’as modifier ‘the company was a pioneer of the athleisure trend that has swept the fashion world’
- ‘Most of us know of the company as a global titan in athletic wear, so it makes sense that it is moving into the growing athleisure space.’
- ‘Innovations in new, high-performance fabric are behind the relaxed silhouettes of the athleisure trend.’
- ‘We've swapped our skinny jeans for yoga pants so athleisure is officially a thing.’
- ‘Athleisure apparel is looking less like a fad and more like a permanent addition to women's closets.’
- ‘With athleisure wear gaining popularity and apparel companies racing to get a share of this, these companies appear to be in good shape for the upcoming quarter.’
- ‘His collection of athleisure clothing hit just the right cool-but-wearable note.’
- ‘Next to style and comfort, it's the adaptability of athleisure that appeals to her customers.’
- ‘We believe that the competition in the athleisure women's line is quite fierce.’
- ‘She dressed up the athleisure look with gold metallic wedge sneakers.’
- ‘The company will launch a women's athleisure line this week, as the retailer looks to attract more college-age consumers.’
1970s: blend of athletic and leisure.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.