One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nountrademark in UK
Casual, comfortable clothing designed to be suitable both for exercise and everyday wear.‘athleisure is perfect for travelling’as modifier ‘the company was a pioneer of the athleisure trend that has swept the fashion world’
- ‘With athleisure wear gaining popularity and apparel companies racing to get a share of this, these companies appear to be in good shape for the upcoming quarter.’
- ‘Next to style and comfort, it's the adaptability of athleisure that appeals to her customers.’
- ‘She dressed up the athleisure look with gold metallic wedge sneakers.’
- ‘We believe that the competition in the athleisure women's line is quite fierce.’
- ‘Most of us know of the company as a global titan in athletic wear, so it makes sense that it is moving into the growing athleisure space.’
- ‘Innovations in new, high-performance fabric are behind the relaxed silhouettes of the athleisure trend.’
- ‘Athleisure apparel is looking less like a fad and more like a permanent addition to women's closets.’
- ‘His collection of athleisure clothing hit just the right cool-but-wearable note.’
- ‘The company will launch a women's athleisure line this week, as the retailer looks to attract more college-age consumers.’
- ‘We've swapped our skinny jeans for yoga pants so athleisure is officially a thing.’
1970s: blend of athletic and leisure.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.