Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Important links have been uncovered between cardiovascular risk factors and the molecular and cellular mechanisms that contribute to inflammation and atherogenesis.’
- ‘Yet, in recent years a rapid advance has been made in the understanding of inflammatory-immunologic mechanisms that govern atherogenesis.’
- ‘Platelets play a fundamental role in atherogenesis and in the pathophysiology of acute coronary syndromes.’
- ‘Statins may have a direct positive effect on vascular walls through an improvement of endothelial function, anti-inflammatory and antithrombotic actions, and attenuation of atherogenesis.’
- ‘Infection is implicated in endothelial dysfunction and atherogenesis, but the impact of childhood infections is unclear.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.