One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Disbelieving or lacking belief in the existence of God.‘some were preoccupied with God, others were atheistic to the core’‘atheistic scientists’
- ‘To search for a new identity in an officially atheistic society was an entirely new task for the members.’
- ‘They show not the slightest interest in abandoning their atheistic faith.’
- ‘Most leaders of evolutionary thought were strongly atheistic.’
- ‘As I grew up with an atheistic education, the idea of a fairy tale god never dawned on me.’
- ‘She fears that he has lost his faith to trendy, atheistic ideas.’
- ‘It is one of the most atheistic lands in the world.’
- ‘The atheistic tradition goes back a long way.’
- ‘Their comfortable atheistic faith is being threatened.’
- ‘I continued in my atheistic way of life: I did not attend church; I did not pray; and I did not read the Bible regularly.’
- ‘Some were preoccupied with God, others were atheistic to the core.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.