One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.‘he is a committed atheist’
non-believer, non-theist, disbeliever, unbeliever, heretic, sceptic, doubter, doubting thomas, agnostic, infidel, irreligious person, heathen, pagan, freethinker, libertine, nihilistView synonyms
- ‘Most agnostics are closer in beliefs to atheists than to theists.’
- ‘One commenter pointed out there was no category for atheists or agnostics.’
- ‘For years we had people utter a religious oath, even when many of them were atheists or agnostics.’
- ‘These methods of proving the existence of God to an atheist may satisfy some, but not all.’
- ‘Most of my college professors and intellectual mentors were devout atheists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.