Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Still, this atemporality of desire is different from the atemporality of pleasure/happiness.’
- ‘As we will see, atemporality is simply not a possibility for a Creator.’
- ‘Heller wisely suggests returning to the profounder insights of St. Augustine and St. Thomas on the atemporality of God and the act of Creation.’
- ‘Moreover, I question the assertion of the "atemporality of art itself".’
- ‘Using Kleinian terminology, these authors note that in some newcomers who have ‘persecutory guilt,’ ‘we often find an atemporality in which past and present are confused.’’
- ‘The argument for divine atemporality from the doctrine of divine immutability is, indeed, an ingenious one.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.