One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Boys from such areas brought their aggressive atavism to the campus, where they were never reformed or punished.’
- ‘Much media and political comment has explained the profundity and rootedness of this feeling in terms of bigotry and criminality, of archaism and atavism.’
- ‘You don't have to share the cloyingly sentimental atavism he displays towards Ireland to appreciate his energy and enterprise as a writer who finds material for his novels in every corner of the world.’
- ‘Under such circumstances, racism is not an historical atavism, but an entirely normal, and constantly growing, feature of the political landscape.’
- ‘Clearly, the key question here is the extent to which these are wholly new tendencies or represent some kind of historical atavism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.