One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To the fast-swelling ranks of ataraxic drugs, another was added last week for patients with relatively mild emotional disorders.’
- ‘There was no good animal test to screen for the ataraxic effects, because the antihistamines made laboratory animals hyperexcitable, not calm.’
- ‘Perhaps he has attained the sort of blissful ataraxic state that his characters so long for.’
- ‘In so far as the ataraxic effect is concerned, both groups of substances raise the same psychopharmacological problem, which is the possibility of reducing emotion by means of medicaments.’
- ‘Don't you know how ataraxic she is at this time of the morning?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.