One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In so far as the ataraxic effect is concerned, both groups of substances raise the same psychopharmacological problem, which is the possibility of reducing emotion by means of medicaments.’
- ‘Perhaps he has attained the sort of blissful ataraxic state that his characters so long for.’
- ‘Don't you know how ataraxic she is at this time of the morning?’
- ‘To the fast-swelling ranks of ataraxic drugs, another was added last week for patients with relatively mild emotional disorders.’
- ‘There was no good animal test to screen for the ataraxic effects, because the antihistamines made laboratory animals hyperexcitable, not calm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.