One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In action.‘researchers were convinced that one infectious agent was at work’
- ‘Nature is busy at work even in a place of towering bricks and mortar with concrete sprawl.’
- ‘There will be a chance for the public to step inside an industrial museum and see history at work.’
- ‘I call Mark as both of us love to watch the industrious little blighters at work.’
- ‘With the so-called electronic voices it should be clear that the same process is at work.’
- ‘I was glad our children had a chance to see such rare, vanished technology at work.’
- ‘Either there is some deep dark secret that needs to be protected, or another factor is at work here.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.