One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not before the time or date specified.‘the table won't be delivered until next week at the earliest’
- ‘As for delays to the local plan, the meeting was told that this will not be completed before 2007 at the earliest.’
- ‘The units were due to close on November 1, at the earliest, after the trust board made the decision in July.’
- ‘I'm flying back home to the UK today, so you won't be hearing from me until Thursday at the earliest.’
- ‘He is not expected to make a decision on the appeal until September at the earliest.’
- ‘That means any announcement on reclassification will have to wait until summer at the earliest.’
- ‘Building work is unlikely to start before September at the earliest.’
- ‘Not only is he struggling with an ankle injury, but his work permit isn't expected to arrive until next week at the earliest.’
- ‘The new treatment plant will not be ready until next summer at the earliest.’
- ‘Those in attendance demanded the council extend the consultation period until the end of October at the earliest.’
- ‘However, he said the victim's identity would not be revealed until today at the earliest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.