One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not before the time or date specified.‘the table won't be delivered until next week at the earliest’
- ‘Those in attendance demanded the council extend the consultation period until the end of October at the earliest.’
- ‘Building work is unlikely to start before September at the earliest.’
- ‘As for delays to the local plan, the meeting was told that this will not be completed before 2007 at the earliest.’
- ‘Not only is he struggling with an ankle injury, but his work permit isn't expected to arrive until next week at the earliest.’
- ‘I'm flying back home to the UK today, so you won't be hearing from me until Thursday at the earliest.’
- ‘However, he said the victim's identity would not be revealed until today at the earliest.’
- ‘He is not expected to make a decision on the appeal until September at the earliest.’
- ‘The new treatment plant will not be ready until next summer at the earliest.’
- ‘That means any announcement on reclassification will have to wait until summer at the earliest.’
- ‘The units were due to close on November 1, at the earliest, after the trust board made the decision in July.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.