One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
At the present time; now.‘he's in bed at the moment’
at present, just now, right now, at this time, at the present time, currently, presently, at this moment in timeView synonyms
- ‘Confidence is high at the moment because we've won two and drawn one of the last three.’
- ‘At the moment, the development site is a derelict chunk of land next to the river and close to Manchester city centre.’
- ‘Pointing accusing fingers at this moment would only aggravate the pain of those mourning.’
- ‘All of the team seem to be enjoying the game at the moment with everyone contributing.’
- ‘We managed to get some funds out but not very much as there is no foreign currency to buy at the moment.’
- ‘The climate for favourable penalty treatment will never be better than it is at this moment.’
- ‘At the moment we have computer courses, for beginners, foundation level and level one.’
- ‘It seems that the web and politics have become my current fascination at the moment.’
- ‘And at this moment in time, she's just as brilliantly oblivious as she ever was.’
- ‘We've got a little bit of momentum with us at the moment and we've got to continue that.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.