One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
When defecating.‘it may be induced by a hard bowel movement or straining at stool’
- ‘Along with the excruciatingly tight pain of immersing newly-scabbed knees in the bath, the most striking physical memory of that time is of straining at stool in the top bathroom.’
- ‘Do not let patients confuse normal defecation with straining at stool.’
- ‘To ensure continuing relief after surgery, one must avoid constipation and straining at stool.’
- ‘The sort of stresses that induce these changes include blowing against a resistance, lifting heavy objects, and straining at stool.’
- ‘It may be induced by a hard bowel movement or straining at stool.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.