One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As someone's disciple or subject.
- ‘I moved to go sit at Haru 's feet, as any other companion was supposed to do.’
- ‘Alison looked at Julie, sitting at Mistress Farnham 's feet and learning to knit.’
- ‘Their gift was to leave indelible memories of the beauty of English poetry on all who sat at their feet.’
- ‘You will sit right at their feet and be enraptured by every idea.’
- ‘Then, as the rig drifts toward the lake, everyone gathers around and sits at Litton 's feet.’
- ‘Younger children intermittently sit at their feet and race around with their friends.’
- ‘I tell the youth that they must respect the elders and try to learn from them by sitting at their feet.’
- ‘Ashka dashed past the two of them and sat on the stairs at Teenan 's feet.’
- ‘We never sit at their feet and learn from their experiences.’
- ‘Do your students sit at your feet and follow your every word, is that an ideal relationship?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.