One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ready to assist the person concerned in any way they wish.‘I am at your disposal until Sunday’
- ‘The little striker, one of five at Bobby Williamson 's disposal, ran at Celtic with refreshing confidence, and might have scored had his fierce shot from 25 yards not soared wide of the left-hand post.’
- ‘And after becoming the only senior striker at Steve Cotterill 's disposal ahead of tomorrow's tasty Turf Moor clash with Liverpool, Moore now has the Reds fixed firmly in his sights.’
- ‘It does, and it matters because if the Kirk could sort out its structures and its bureaucracy it would free up the many fine, creative and energetic people it has at its disposal.’
- ‘Ritchie signed for Rangers without having spoken to his new manager but was happy to put his career at the Dutchman 's disposal.’
- ‘I'd prefer to play in the midfield, but I'm completely at the coach 's disposal.’
- ‘It's hardly a level playing field in terms of the personnel at each manager 's disposal, but the pitch itself might well make up for that.’
- ‘Nor was it unusual for police resources to be diverted from their official use to be put at the disposal of this parallel structure.’
- ‘He was taken aback, particularly given the youthful resources at Magath 's disposal, by the extent to which both had tinkered with successful squads.’
- ‘It says something about the quality of players at Antonio Oliveira 's disposal when a side who haven't even qualified for the World Cup in 16 years are being tipped, albeit as an outside bet, to lift the trophy that is coveted around the globe.’
- ‘The rampaging left back ended the year as the only outfield player at Stan Ternent 's disposal to have started every single game.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.