One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
At someone's disposal to use or instruct.‘I shall defend myself with all the eloquence at my command’
- ‘Pointedly refusing to rule out the use of nuclear weapons, he added, ‘We will direct every resource at our command and every necessary weapon of war.’’
- ‘They go on deploying the vast propaganda and other resources at their command until they finally impose their will.’
- ‘Our kids have incredible toys at their command that allow them to experience everything but the real thing.’
- ‘You can do that when you have a powerful government at your command.’
- ‘We have a big task in keeping our city clean, but we are doing it with all the will and resources we have at our command.’
- ‘With all the modern methods of waste disposal at our command, it should not be difficult to prevent pollution of lakes.’
- ‘Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.’
- ‘We shall combat it with all the resources at our command.’
- ‘The nobility and the church fought back hard with all the power at their command.’
- ‘So with all the creative energy at our command, let us begin an era of national renewal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.