One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
At someone's disposal to use or instruct.‘I shall defend myself with all the eloquence at my command’
- ‘With all the modern methods of waste disposal at our command, it should not be difficult to prevent pollution of lakes.’
- ‘We have a big task in keeping our city clean, but we are doing it with all the will and resources we have at our command.’
- ‘We shall combat it with all the resources at our command.’
- ‘They go on deploying the vast propaganda and other resources at their command until they finally impose their will.’
- ‘Our kids have incredible toys at their command that allow them to experience everything but the real thing.’
- ‘Pointedly refusing to rule out the use of nuclear weapons, he added, ‘We will direct every resource at our command and every necessary weapon of war.’’
- ‘Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.’
- ‘The nobility and the church fought back hard with all the power at their command.’
- ‘So with all the creative energy at our command, let us begin an era of national renewal.’
- ‘You can do that when you have a powerful government at your command.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.