One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Now.‘membership at present stands at about 5,000’
at the moment, just now, right now, at this time, at the present time, currently, presently, at this moment in timeView synonyms
- ‘This is particularly dedicated to anyone who's going through a bit of a tough patch at present.’
- ‘If granted, this would allow them to continue the centre's operations as at present.’
- ‘On the Dover-Calais route six ships will be operated compared with seven at present.’
- ‘Michael is in hospital at present and it is hoped that he will soon be back playing cards.’
- ‘In six years the landfill site will be full and at present there are no plans to dig up more countryside for this.’
- ‘At present there are 164 grammar schools, concentrated mainly in Kent and Yorkshire.’
- ‘I would have to look out on to a car park, rather than the trees I see at present.’
- ‘I doubt that they are all deceased as they were all about my age and I am 70 at present.’
- ‘Petrol prices are very high at present and there have been calls for the government to act to reduce them.’
- ‘The main focus at present in the back to school theme that all school goers must face up to.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.