One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As soon as one can without difficulty.‘please telephone me at your earliest convenience’
- ‘I hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.’
- ‘Remember to fill up your full membership form and return to the Club Secretary at your earliest convenience.’
- ‘Subscribers wishing to discontinue with the Messenger please inform Maura at your earliest convenience.’
- ‘Could any persons who still have outstanding dinner dance ticket money please hand it in at your earliest convenience to any committee member.’
- ‘Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss the status of your investigation, and what actions you intend to take.’
- ‘I would be grateful for your attention in this matter at your earliest convenience.’
- ‘Therefore we would be grateful if you could bring your sessions to a close at your earliest convenience.’
- ‘Application forms requesting identification cards have recently been delivered from the electoral office and this is to remind you to return them completed at your earliest convenience.’
- ‘Please let me know at your earliest convenience what your actual breastfeeding policy is and how it is implemented in practice.’
- ‘Please send your contributions at your earliest convenience, but no later than 10 March.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.