One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In agreement or harmony.‘they were completely at one with their environment’
in agreement, agreed, in unison, of the same opinion, of the same mind, of like mind, like-minded, at one, as one, in accord, in concord, unanimous, in sympathy, in rapport, in harmony, in unity, shoulder to shoulderView synonyms
- ‘United your resolve, united your hearts, may your spirits be at one, that you may long together dwell in unity and concord!’
- ‘What was less satisfactory was that the documentation and the underlying philosophy did not appear to be at one.’
- ‘Both are at one with a certain instinct of frugality, by which I do not mean meanness.’
- ‘Reporters covering the war are at one with their technology as never before.’
- ‘And if you feel at one with nature, you can hike on one of the challenging trails or experience mountain biking.’
- ‘It was a jazz record both timeless and at one with the hippy spirit of the early 1970s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.