One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In one's real nature, in contrast to how one may appear.‘he's a good lad at heart’
basically, fundamentally, essentially, at bottom, deep down, in essence, intrinsically, innatelyView synonyms
- ‘It's full of non-stop action, laughter, drama and is perfect for the very young and young at heart.’
- ‘He was a strong and rugged elf who could often appear aggressive, but was truly kind and noble at heart.’
- ‘The event promises to be fun for the whole family for the young and for those who are still children at heart.’
- ‘The truth is, I am a hopeless romantic at heart and nothing will change that.’
- ‘I started churches using these paradigms but it was never really who I was at heart.’
- ‘We're all little kids at heart and yet the place has the ability to make people build very hard exteriors and ruin lives.’
- ‘He was a kind and gentle man who remained young at heart to the end.’
- ‘Inspiring to have a parent who's managed to develop wisdom but still stay as young at heart as they were when I was tiny.’
- ‘A time when audiences full of the young and young at heart can embrace their innocence and enjoy the magic of theatre.’
- ‘He enjoys his job and finds it a challenge but we are home birds at heart and enjoy spending all our time with each other and the children.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.