One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Grazing.‘the mare will be out at grass during the day’
- ‘‘The idea is to use the pad as a winter lying area and the old cubicles to house any cows which calve before the herd is out at grass at night,’ Jack explained.’
- ‘As animals face into another summer at grass, beef and dairy farmers have been urged to take effective precautions against killer animal diseases.’
- ‘On average suckler cows spent 228 days at grass, weanlings 239 days and yearling cattle 201 days.’
- ‘Beef animals at grass in the summer months have little requirement for supplementary feed.’
- ‘Sometimes, yearling cattle in their second season at grass will benefit from worm dosing if they are subjected to a strong challenge, if their immunity did not develop or is impaired by disease, dietary deficiencies or poor nutrition.’
- ‘The early introduction of a balanced buffer feed will reduce liveweight loss at grass and optimise cow yield and fertility,’ says Brian.’
- ‘Cattle weighings have shown gains of 0.3 to 0.6 kg/day and in the final few weeks at grass there may be no gain at all.’
- ‘They will be at grass until at least November 1, but mid-November would be the limit of the grazing season.’
- ‘It is advisable to dose all cattle coming off their first season at grass with a drug that is effective against type II stomach worms.’
- ‘On average, grass was included in the cows' diet for 277 days in 1999, with cows at grass by day from February 18th.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.