One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
On every occasion; continually.‘her name seemed to come up at every turn’
repeatedly, recurrently, all the time, always, continually, constantly, on every occasion, again and again, over and over againView synonyms
- ‘During the swim I came up against a challenge at every turn.’
- ‘Kimberly and I remain at Junior Consultant level, banging our heads against the glass ceiling at every turn.’
- ‘We're going to talk about positive issues, we're not going to be bashing the President at every turn.’
- ‘Leading a university is no mean job, especially when numerous hurdles await you at every turn.’
- ‘It was a mantra repeated at every turn.’
- ‘There were pockets of shade at every turn.’
- ‘As usual the world's best golfer has been second-guessed at every turn.’
- ‘You start in the catacombs but beware ghostly ghouls at every turn!’
- ‘He frustrated and defied them at every turn and encouraged other captors to do the same.’
- ‘Taylor is surrounded at every turn.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.