One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition in which the heart ceases to beat.
- ‘Some patients have asystole from the onset of arrest and are unsuitable for defibrillation by the ambulance crew or bystanders.’
- ‘A proportion of patients are unsuitable for defibrillation because their initial arrhythmia is asystole or pulseless electrical activity.’
- ‘They administered defibrillatory shocks, and after a period of asystole, the patient's heart returned to sinus rhythm.’
- ‘The patient developed cardiac arrest and asystole.’
- ‘She developed asystole, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation was performed for 20 minutes.’
- ‘This was no easy arrest to manage, as the heart rhythm alternated between ventricular fibrillation and asystole.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.