One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In this study, we investigated whether seasonal reproduction in a tropical species is synchronous between two populations in close proximity and, if not, whether asynchrony is correlated with genetic and cultural differentiation.’
- ‘Indeed, in our study population, hatching asynchrony was higher in a warmer year than in an average year.’
- ‘Specifically, participants are presented with a sequence of brief stimuli with a constant stimulus onset asynchrony, and are asked to respond when they believe the sequence has ended.’
- ‘The function of hatching asynchrony has been the subject of dynamic debates and intensive research effort.’
- ‘Considerable flowering asynchrony among fig trees in any population increases the likelihood that a fig wasp emerging at any time of year will be able to locate a receptive fig.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.