One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Considerable flowering asynchrony among fig trees in any population increases the likelihood that a fig wasp emerging at any time of year will be able to locate a receptive fig.’
- ‘Indeed, in our study population, hatching asynchrony was higher in a warmer year than in an average year.’
- ‘The function of hatching asynchrony has been the subject of dynamic debates and intensive research effort.’
- ‘In this study, we investigated whether seasonal reproduction in a tropical species is synchronous between two populations in close proximity and, if not, whether asynchrony is correlated with genetic and cultural differentiation.’
- ‘Specifically, participants are presented with a sequence of brief stimuli with a constant stimulus onset asynchrony, and are asked to respond when they believe the sequence has ended.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.