One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Eggs are incubated for 25-30 days and hatch asynchronously.’
- ‘Because incubation begins before all eggs have been laid, the eggs hatch asynchronously, and the older chicks are noticeably larger than they younger chicks.’
- ‘In a web-based course, the course content is developed as modules in HTML, and interaction takes place asynchronously through discussion boards or plain old e-mail.’
- ‘We assume that cells reproduce asynchronously.’
- ‘Events are queued asynchronously, in real time as the events happen, but they are read synchronously via the read system call.’
- ‘When people exchange information they can do it synchronously, i.e., interacting at the same time, or asynchronously, i.e., interacting at different times.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.