One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For these data, the linear and asymptotic curves were nearly indistinguishable.’
- ‘Gromov brought his geometric intuition to group theory and told us to look at the asymptotic properties of the Cayley graph.’
- ‘He also worked on asymptotic analysis, fractional integration and singular partial differential equations.’
- ‘Barnes next turned his attention to the theory of integral functions, where, in a series of papers, he investigated their asymptotic structure.’
- ‘He often returned to the topic of his first research paper on the error term in an asymptotic formula discovered by Gauss.’
- ‘He gave a wonderful series of lectures on special functions, asymptotic analysis, and approximation theory.’
- ‘Other topics in the large range of applied mathematics topics which he studied were existence theorems and asymptotic expansions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.