One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
predicative Swimming.‘sardines aswim in oil’
- ‘She looked at him with eyes that were aswim with tears.’
- ‘Audiences, heads aswim with new names and dates, might note with surprise how little light the 12-hour day has shed on Stoppard's political views.’
- ‘My mind was aswim with everything I had just learned about Samantha and Samantha's baby.’
- ‘They have implied that my generation is aswim in a sea of branding unimagined by preceding generations.’
- ‘A plate of sautéed button mushrooms aswim in a soupy blend of sherry and lemon juice also slipped in somehow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.