One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expert in or student of astrophysics.
- ‘Today, several of our most interesting and visionary astrophysicists and cosmologists suggest that this expanding universe is in truth only one of an uncountable plenitude of actually existing universes.’
- ‘The 60-year-old is a NASA astrophysicist who has contributed to numerous space exploration missions.’
- ‘Astrophysicists have been discovering that the initial conditions of the universe appear to have been incredibly fine tuned.’
- ‘For astrophysicists, dark matter has proved to be an elusive and mysterious substance.’
- ‘Almost all practicing astronomers and astrophysicists believe in the big bang, a billions-of-years-old universe and other evolutionary ideas.’
- ‘Imagine an astrophysicist who must explain the solar system to his students.’
- ‘He excelled at every subject and could easily have become an astrophysicist.’
- ‘Astrophysicists believe black holes are commonly formed by the inward collapse of stars that have burned out.’
- ‘As a young man he presented a paper on astrophysics that was publicly ridiculed by an eminent astrophysicist.’
- ‘An astrophysicist told him that only 5 % of the universe is known.’
- ‘Astrophysicists get excited about events that happen over billions of years, because the more we learn about them, the closer we come to understanding the basic structure of reality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.