One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The study of these energetic particles will broaden our understanding of the formation and evolution of the solar system, as well as of the astrophysical processes involved.’
- ‘Although few astronomers agree on the exact mechanism that caused the outburst, many seem inclined to accept the possibility that a new class of astrophysical phenomenon has been discovered.’
- ‘Realizing they had taken the same approach to solve different problems, the two teams of authors joined forces to apply it to more complicated astrophysical scenarios.’
- ‘The astrophysical model of how the Sun works has been at odds with observation for the past couple of years.’
- ‘The research solves an astrophysical puzzle that has baffled scientists for over 120 years since the spicules were first discovered.’
- ‘In order to find out what this mysterious energy really is, astronomers need to compare astrophysical observations that are at first sight completely unrelated.’
- ‘Pulsars and quasars may turn out to be commonplace in comparison to the exotic astrophysical events that gravity wave astronomy reveals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.