Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Later he went to the Paris Observatory as director of the astrophotographic laboratory.’
- ‘During the period from 1973 to 1978 I formulated the basic framework of the astrophotographic techniques I now employ.’
- ‘Nestled in the pines at an elevation over 5100 feet near Payson Arizona, the observatory contains a suite of astrophotographic instruments used to photograph the sky on every available night during dark of the moon each month.’
- ‘Vignetting is present in nearly all astrophotographic systems.’
- ‘This alteration enhances the camera's ability to take high-end astrophotographic images.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.