Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘So an astrophotographer needs to adjust the type of photographic film being used for each individual image.’
- ‘He is not only an incredible astrophotographer, but an amazing person.’
- ‘Large aperture reflecting telescopes tend to be a favorite of astrophotographers for their light-gathering ability.’
- ‘So experienced planetary astrophotographers became resigned to taking a lot of photographs and sorting through them to find the good ones.’
- ‘In the hands of the serious astronomer or astrophotographer this is an instrument that will produce razor-sharp star images across the entire field of view.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.