Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Between the point where we are today and the point where starry-eyed dreamers can pick up a catalog full of rocket engines and astronautical instruments there are a number of important things that need to happen.’
- ‘‘John has a deep interest in astronautical science and has the hands-on experience to back up what he has taught in the classroom,’ said Administrator O'Keefe.’
- ‘He holds bachelor's and master's degrees in aeronautical and astronautical engineering from Ohio State University.’
- ‘Keith has over 20 years of experience as an astronautical engineer in the Air Force and in the civilian sector.’
- ‘It is an excellent source of information about current and past Russian astronautical technology.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.