One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The measurement of the positions, motions, and magnitudes of stars.
- ‘The main branches are astrometry, celestial mechanics, and astrophysics.’
- ‘In this way, astronomers will perform very precise astrometry to detect the reflex motion of stars due to orbiting planets.’
- ‘One technique, known as astrometry, involves precisely measuring the position of a star.’
- ‘This method, known as astrometry, is the oldest planet-hunting method, but no planets have yet been found based on it alone.’
- ‘And while methods such as photometry and astrometry, which hold great promise in the long term, are still being perfected, other innovative approaches are already yielding results.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.