One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The measurement of the positions, motions, and magnitudes of stars.
- ‘The main branches are astrometry, celestial mechanics, and astrophysics.’
- ‘And while methods such as photometry and astrometry, which hold great promise in the long term, are still being perfected, other innovative approaches are already yielding results.’
- ‘This method, known as astrometry, is the oldest planet-hunting method, but no planets have yet been found based on it alone.’
- ‘In this way, astronomers will perform very precise astrometry to detect the reflex motion of stars due to orbiting planets.’
- ‘One technique, known as astrometry, involves precisely measuring the position of a star.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.