One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was designed to produce extremely accurate astrometric measurements in small fields, and has been used to measure parallaxes and therefore distance for faint stars.’
- ‘After obtaining the images, she used astrometric software to determine the coordinates of the target asteroid's apparent position in each image.’
- ‘The main objective of the astrometric instrument (ASTRO) is to obtain accurate measurements of the relative positions of all objects that cross the fields of view of Gaia's two telescopes.’
- ‘To date there have been no successful detections of extrasolar planets with the astrometric method.’
- ‘Tycho had collected in one place the finest astrometric instruments of his day - four decades before Galileo introduced the astronomical telescope.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.