One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was designed to produce extremely accurate astrometric measurements in small fields, and has been used to measure parallaxes and therefore distance for faint stars.’
- ‘Tycho had collected in one place the finest astrometric instruments of his day - four decades before Galileo introduced the astronomical telescope.’
- ‘To date there have been no successful detections of extrasolar planets with the astrometric method.’
- ‘After obtaining the images, she used astrometric software to determine the coordinates of the target asteroid's apparent position in each image.’
- ‘The main objective of the astrometric instrument (ASTRO) is to obtain accurate measurements of the relative positions of all objects that cross the fields of view of Gaia's two telescopes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.