One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Divination by the stars; astrology.‘the religious community was, generally, antagonistic to astromancy’
horoscopy, stargazingView synonyms
- ‘I argue that astrology, which originated as astromancy, or astral divination - a dialogue with the divine - essentially still is that.’
- ‘Catholics don't use astromancy to choose their pope.’
- ‘Here is a fantasy of necromancy and astromancy, gunpowder and swordplay, politics and crime.’
- ‘Even up to the present day men of intellectual eminence have convinced themselves that astromancy has a foundation of truth.’
- ‘In 16th-century intellectual circles, attacks by the humanists Pietro Pomponazzi and Pico della Mirandola challenged the standing of astromancy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.