One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Divination by the stars; astrology.‘the religious community was, generally, antagonistic to astromancy’
horoscopy, stargazingView synonyms
- ‘Even up to the present day men of intellectual eminence have convinced themselves that astromancy has a foundation of truth.’
- ‘Catholics don't use astromancy to choose their pope.’
- ‘In 16th-century intellectual circles, attacks by the humanists Pietro Pomponazzi and Pico della Mirandola challenged the standing of astromancy.’
- ‘Here is a fantasy of necromancy and astromancy, gunpowder and swordplay, politics and crime.’
- ‘I argue that astrology, which originated as astromancy, or astral divination - a dialogue with the divine - essentially still is that.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.