Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Astrologically, the planet Saturn is associated with Fate.’
- ‘Astrologically every individual had influences bestowed upon him by most of the planets through his life span.’
- ‘Astrologically, Libra is the sign in which Saturn is exalted.’
- ‘Astrologically, it tells me Jupiter is in conjunction with Venus.’
- ‘Since his birth date is uncertain, his fate cannot be astrologically fixed.’
- ‘It's a challenging one; changes do seem to come at astrologically appropriate moments.’
- ‘Most festivals are held on astrologically auspicious times for a particular deity in the same zodiac sign of the Sun each year.’
- ‘Now you can find your own astrologically significant colour by going to this site and clicking on the month and day you were born.’
- ‘The two men had cited example after example of astrologically arranged marriages, full of astral promise, turning disastrous.’
- ‘My mum says that astrologically, this year is looking good for travel, but how does that help?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.