One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who uses astrology to tell others about their character or to predict their future.‘he was advised by astrologers to delay his departure’
- ‘An astrologer determines every detail of the ceremony: the time of day it should take place, which way the child should sit, and what colors should be worn.’
- ‘I showed the horoscopes to the astrologer.’
- ‘She consulted the astrologer to find out whether her husband would be knighted.’
- ‘"You will meet a tall, dark, handsome stranger this Thursday," says your astrologer.’
- ‘The astrologer predicts a good harvest.’
- ‘Astrologers understand destiny so they are consulted to establish auspicious dates for important activities.’
- ‘The astrologer says your moon's in Scorpio.’
- ‘Nevertheless let us accept that astrologers may use some sort of intuition or psychic ability when reading a birth chart.’
- ‘An astrologer will be consulted to choose an auspicious date for these ceremonies.’
- ‘The aim has been to test what an astrologer claims by asking straightforward questions’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.