One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hypocycloid with four cusps (like a square with concave sides).
- ‘The astroid was first discussed by Johann Bernoulli in 1691-92.’
- ‘The astroid is a famous curve that arises in an interesting way.’
- ‘The cycloidal curves, including the astroid, were discovered by Roemer (1674) in his search for the best form for gear teeth.’
- ‘The caustic of the tricuspoid, where the rays are parallel and in any direction, is an astroid.’
- ‘An astroid is a specialized case of the general hypocycloid family of curves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.