One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hypocycloid with four cusps (like a square with concave sides).
- ‘The astroid was first discussed by Johann Bernoulli in 1691-92.’
- ‘An astroid is a specialized case of the general hypocycloid family of curves.’
- ‘The cycloidal curves, including the astroid, were discovered by Roemer (1674) in his search for the best form for gear teeth.’
- ‘The astroid is a famous curve that arises in an interesting way.’
- ‘The caustic of the tricuspoid, where the rays are parallel and in any direction, is an astroid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.