One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1US An enclosed stadium with a domed roof.‘the Houston Astrodome’
- ‘They're exhausted; all waiting to be evacuated by bus to Houston's astrodome.’
- ‘The complex has two grass pitches, two AstroTurf™ pitches and an astrodome containing another indoor pitch which is said to be too small to satisfy the FA rules.’
2A domed window in an aircraft for astronomical observations.
- ‘An astrodome was located in the top of the fuselage forward of the aft partition of the crew quarters.’
- ‘There was no more fire from the enemy aircraft, identified from the astrodome by the navigator, as a Ju 88.’
- ‘The four men escaped the aircraft through the astrodome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.