One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1US An enclosed stadium with a domed roof.‘the Houston Astrodome’
- ‘They're exhausted; all waiting to be evacuated by bus to Houston's astrodome.’
- ‘The complex has two grass pitches, two AstroTurf™ pitches and an astrodome containing another indoor pitch which is said to be too small to satisfy the FA rules.’
2A domed window in an aircraft for astronomical observations.
- ‘The four men escaped the aircraft through the astrodome.’
- ‘There was no more fire from the enemy aircraft, identified from the astrodome by the navigator, as a Ju 88.’
- ‘An astrodome was located in the top of the fuselage forward of the aft partition of the crew quarters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.