Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Histopathology revealed a malignant neoplasm with areas of astrocytic and primitive neuroectodermal components.’
- ‘Similarly, in astrocytic tumors, microsatellite instability is not associated with progression.’
- ‘The neoplastic cells demonstrated a spectrum of morphology ranging from astrocytic cells with only mildly enlarged, irregular nuclei to multinucleated cells displaying pleomorphic nuclei.’
- ‘Melanotic astrocytic tumors have been reported only recently.’
- ‘These mutations are present in 30% of astrocytic brain tumours.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.