Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study of molecules and ions occurring in stars and interstellar space.
- ‘The identification of elements and compounds is critical to all areas to which chemistry is applied, from astrochemistry and biochemistry to geochemistry and industrial chemistry.’
- ‘The dynamic field of astrochemistry brings together ideas of physics, astrophysics, biology and chemistry to the study of molecules between stars, around stars and on planets.’
- ‘Astrochemistry is a broad and interdisciplinary emerging field at the intersection of the traditional disciplines of chemistry, physics, and astronomy.’
- ‘To further his research in astrochemistry, he accepted a position at NASA Ames Research Center in 1983.’
- ‘Within a century of Comte's death, thanks to the invention of the spectroscope, much of astronomy had become astrochemistry - a science he had roundly declared impossible.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.