Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Hence, there are several interesting astrochemical questions that are of great interest to astrobiology.’
- ‘The astrochemical laboratory is the hyper-rarefied, mostly weightless, extreme-temperature environment people colloquially call outer space.’
- ‘Such quantities are needed in astrochemical models of protostellar regions and disks.’
- ‘One of our major aims is to bring together the astrochemical and observational communities in order to pave the way for interpreting the wealth of currently available data with sufficiently detailed models.’
- ‘A series of psychic manifestations is closely connected with atmospheric and astrochemical events.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.