One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The question of whether life could have evolved on another planet has always been the big question, the Holy Grail, for astrobiologists and planetary scientists alike.’
- ‘It's now respectable amongst astrobiologists to consider the possibility of life in the clouds of Venus.’
- ‘Nevertheless, the astrobiologist may glean insights about life-forms that dwell elsewhere in the cosmos by studying organisms that thrive in extreme environments here on Earth.’
- ‘If so, it will boost the hopes of astrobiologists who believe Europa might also be capable of supporting some form of life.’
- ‘As a result of the breadth of such profound scientific questions, astrobiologists draw heavily on expertise in biology, chemistry, astronomy, and planetary science.’
- ‘One of the things astrobiologists are interested in is trying to understand the formation of organic molecules in space, in interstellar clouds and meteorites.’
- ‘Scientists believe similar kinds of geothermal environments may once have existed on Mars, where astrobiologists have intensified the search for past and present life forms in recent years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.