Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘There is thought to be a subsurface ocean on Jupiter's moon Europa, locked beneath a shell of ice several miles thick, and its exploration is one of the astrobiological priorities of this century.’
- ‘The European spacecraft, Mars Express, is a lander that will employ a mechanical arm and a drill that will burrow into the soil to conduct geochemical and astrobiological experiments.’
- ‘I think our results are significant enough to redirect the planetary exploration program, placing Enceladus as the primary target of astrobiological interest in our solar system.’
- ‘The discovery of planets orbiting other Sun-like stars in the galaxy is a key scientific discovery that has played a central role in the astrobiological revolution.’
- ‘Water being one of the prerequisites for life, these efforts are part of a larger astrobiological NASA mission to probe the origin and distribution of life in the universe.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.