One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The astigmatic person does not know which focal line to look at, and hunting between the two may cause eyestrain.’
- ‘Ordinary soft lenses tend to mould to the astigmatic curve, but special toric soft lenses are available for astigmatism.’
- ‘For years I have been astigmatic to a degree that even bats point and laugh at me.’
- ‘He swallowed and shifted his astigmatic eyes to the cards in his hand.’
- ‘Monet, on seeing those fields, described them as ‘enough to drive a poor painter crazy - impossible to render with our poor colors,’ but render them he did in his astigmatic but beautiful way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.