One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Asti (sense 2)
- ‘It was Camillo Gancia, the son of Carlo Gancia, who succeeded in obtaining a consensus of the Asti producers and renamed the wine Asti Spumante around 1910.’
- ‘The region produces some 50 million cases of wine a year, with the best-known appellations being Asti Spumante, Barolo and Barbaresco.’
- ‘In the Piedmont region the fresh and lushly sweet moscato grape is transformed into the mouth-watering Moscato d' Asti and Asti Spumante wines.’
- ‘Sweetish German wines are a vast success with fresh fruit such as peaches, but for Christmas pudding nothing can beat Asti Spumante.’
- ‘It's not champagne, but no matter: old Jimbo wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Asti Spumante and Veuve Cliquot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.